|Celebrate ‘Kids Eat Right’ Month|
|Tips for Smart Snacking:|
1. Plan and portion out snacks in advance
2. Offer snacks within 1-2 hours of meal time
3. Avoid distractions
4. Aim for all food groups
5. Be a role model and eat with your kids
|Smart Snack Ideas|
|Ways to involve kids of all ages:|
|Back to School Lunch Box Ideas:|
|1) Low Sodium deli turkey and cheese roll ups. Spread hummus for extra protein and flavor!|
2) Peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat bread. Get creative and cut sandwiches into fun shapes, like stars and hearts!
3) Yogurt parfaits. Use a high protein yogurt, like a Greek yogurt and layer it with different colored fruits!
4) 3 bean salad. Serve with whole grain crackers for an extra boost of fiber!
5) Oatmeal muffins. Use yogurt and oatmeal and add in blueberries to maximize nutrition!
As a general rule of thumb, plan meals with a protein, a vegetable, a fruit, and whole grain.
|Learn more at: EatRight.org/for_kids|