Walker County Indigent Care
Walker County Indigent Care
You may apply for the Walker County Indigent Care Program after receiving healthcare services at the Hospital or Clinic.
Application in advance of receipt of healthcare services is not advised due to the screening and application processes currently in place, which includes the screening of uninsured patients by a third party eligibility vendor for the following:
- Existing Healthcare Insurance or Ability to Purchase Healthcare Insurance and/or Other Liability At or below 8% of total annual income (<8%) and/or Other Liability
- Self-Pay Discounted Programs Means tested Federal Poverty Level (FPL) at or above 201% ( >201%)
- Texas Medicaid and/or Medicare and/or SSI; Other Government Programs; Workers Compensation Meets all Federally Mandated Criteria
- Hospital Charity Care Programs Means tested Federal Poverty Level (FPL) at or above 51% and at or below 200% ( >51% to <200%)
If you are approved for Walker County Indigent Care, you will be notified by mail, no later than 14 days after the date your fully completed application and all required documents are submitted.
Walker County Indigent Care is approved for a 6 month period from the first date of service. You are required to reapply for Indigent Care at the end of the 6 month qualification period.
Financial Assistance provided through the Walker County Indigent Care Program will be administered in full compliance with Chapter 61 of the Health and Safety Code of Texas, which fully defines covered and non-covered services.
The hospital’s financial counselors are available to answer questions and provide information about the Financial Assistance Policy and to assist with the financial assistance application process.
If you need an appointment to meet with a Financial Counselor, please call and schedule in advance.
Phone: (936) 293-4464
Monday-Thursday 8am to 5pm
Huntsville Memorial Hospital
Please apply for financial assistance within 30 days of receiving treatment to indicate an inability to pay for services at the hospital or clinic.
Click the plus sign (+) to open more about financial assistance available at HMH.
Walker County Indigent Care Application
Physician Specialties whose Professional Fees are Excluded (English)
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Practice
- General Surgery
- Hand Surgery with Upper Extremities
- Infectious Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine w/Pediatrics
- Medical Oncology
- Nurse Practitioner
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Pain Management
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitative Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Radiation Oncology
- Rehab Medicine
- Vas/Inter Radiology
- Wound Care
Physician Specialties whose Professional Fees are Excluded (Spanish)
- Medicina de Emergencia
- Práctica Familiar
- Cirugía General
- Cirugía de la mano con extremos superiores
- Enfermedad infecciosa
- Medicina Interna
- Medicina Interna con Pediatría
- Oncología Médica
- Enfermera Practicante
- Cirugía Ortopédica
- Otorrinolaringología Manejo del dolor
- Pediatría Medicina
- Física y Medicina de Rehabilitación
- Podología Medicina
- Oncología Radioterápica
- Radiología Medicina de rehabilitación
- Vas/Inter Radiología
- Cuidado de heridas
Providers Excluded from the Financial Assistance Program
Financial Assistance Policies
For a copy of the Walker County Indigent Care policies see below:
- Financial Assistance Procedure – Indigent Care English
- Financial Assistance Procedure – Indigent Care Espanol
- Financial Assistance Plain Language Summary Indigent Care – English
- HMH Billing Disclosure – English
- HMH Billing Disclosure – Spanish
- Financial Assistance Eligibility Discount Guidelines for Walker County Indigent Care and Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
- Application for Appeal