Visitation Advisory beginning Wednesday, 7/7/2021
TWO healthy visitors will be allowed in our Medical and Surgical Units
with the expectation that the visitors and the patient will be masked
at all times. TWO visitors will be allowed in Labor & Delivery.
Visitor Rules and Guidelines
- Visitors must be 18+.
- All approved visitors will be screened for temperature, respiratory symptoms
and possible exposure upon entry to the hospital.
- Visitors will not be granted access if screening is failed or refused.
- Visitors will be fitted with a screening bracelet, which must be worn at
all times during the visit.
- Visitors are required to wear a mask and practice social distancing.
- Hand sanitizing will be required upon entry to the facility and at intermittent
- In the interest of infection control, the visiting of multiple patients
by one person will not be allowed.
- No visitors will be allowed in COVID patient rooms.
Visitation Policies and Procedures
- Visiting hours are from 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. seven days a week in non-critical areas.
- ICU will allow TWO healthy visitors per day for Non-COVID patients only
- ER will allow only one visitor per patient as circumstances permit.
- Surgical procedure visitors may escort the patient to registration and
remain in the designated waiting rooms/lobbies during the patient’s
- Outpatient Procedures / Testing - Please avoid bringing visitors with you
for testing, treatment and therapy unless needed. Visitors will be subject
to the screening and protection criteria.
- Women & Children’s Health Services visitation guidelines have
been developed to reflect the unique needs of the population served.
Though Huntsville Memorial Hospital has taken every known precaution to
reduce the spread of COVID-19, the contagious nature of the coronavirus
means that a possibility remains that you could still contract the virus
while in any public place, including the hospital. Please follow the guidelines
set out by staff and signage to protect yourself and decrease the risk
of exposure. HMH assumes no responsibility should transmission of coronavirus/COVID-19
occur during any visitation of the hospital facility.
Important Ways to Slow the Spread
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth to help protect yourself and others.
- Stay 6 feet apart from others who don’t live with you.
- Get a COVID-19 vaccine when it is available to you.
- Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated indoor spaces.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer if soap and
water aren’t available.