Sports Medicine in Walker County
Dynamic Athletic Training Solutions from Huntsville Memorial Hospital
Huntsville Memorial Hospital's Outreach Sports Medicine Athletic Training
Service program and a network of sports medicine providers have combined
to better serve high school and college level athletics, cheerleading,
dance, gymnastics, recreational sports, and coaches. By joining forces,
we can create a team approach to athletic injury prevention, treatment,
and the care and rehabilitation of your athletes.
In conjunction with several area team physicians and sports medicine specialists,
we can help you reach your performance goals. To assist in reaching these
goals, one athletic training campus visit per week can be provided to
your school, academy, or performing arts center.
A licensed and certified athletic trainer will visit you once a week at
a specific time and be capable of:
- Evaluating your athlete's injuries
- Referring an athlete to a sports medicine physician as needed
- Providing physician follow-up evaluation
- Serving as a liaison between the physician, parent, coach, and athlete
- Initiating appropriate injury care
- Assisting in strength and conditioning program development
- Providing a detailed follow-up program for coaches to follow
- Assisting with athletic training supplies and budget development
- Providing Athletic trainer coverage and workshops for athletic staff members
and student athletic trainers in modalities of athletic training
This network currently provides athletic training services to area school,
leagues, gymnastics, cheerleading, and recreational sports activities.
We greatly enjoy building these relationships and are looking forward
to serving the community in the years ahead. Please contact our Director
of Sports Medicine if you have any questions or need athletic trainer
coverage for any athletic events.
Director of Sports Medicine
Your health, Our community, Our commitment. Contact us today to learn more
about our Sports Medicine services—we look forward to speaking with you.