Pulmonary Rehabilitation in Walker County
Contact Us at Huntsville Memorial Hospital
The Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program (PRP) is comprised of a multi-disciplinary
team of specialists who provide care, support, and education to patients
with chronic pulmonary disease and their loved ones. Our team includes
pulmonary physicians, respiratory therapists, Registered Nurses, and dietitians—all
with extensive experience and expertise in treating patients suffering
from chronic pulmonary disease.
We offer both in and outpatient programs for pulmonary rehabilitation and
partner closely with our patients to provide them the education, treatment,
and resources they need to manage their condition and thrive in their
everyday lives. For more information about our pulmonary rehabilitation
programs, contact us at Huntsville Memorial hospital today.
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Goals
Every patient approaches rehabilitation with certain, specific goals depending
on their condition and the concerns of their doctor. At Huntsville Memorial
Hospital, however, we approach all of our pulmonary patients with several
overarching objectives for their rehabilitation.
These objectives include:
- Help patients understand their disease and how it limits their functioning
- Teach patients methods to cope with their condition and minimize its effects
- Train patients to foster their physical mobility and independence
- Demonstrate to patients how they can maintain their well-being
- Decrease the patient's reliance on hospital facilities
"What's Does the Rehabilitation Program Entail?"
Patients participating in pulmonary rehabilitation will not just be introduced
to traditional exercise sessions, they will be given the education and
tools that they need to manage their condition. Typically, these rehabilitation
programs last from six to ten weeks, but our team will closely monitor
our patients' progress and ensure that they do not prematurely cease
These programs include but are not limited to the following:
- Instruction in disease processes, breathing exercises, medications, oxygen
therapy, and exercise regimens
- Physical conditioning sessions
- Consultations with a nutritionist
- Techniques for conserving energy
- Individual consultations to review test results
- Doctor's recommendations for any additional therapies/tests
- Question and answer sessions to address patient concerns
Have more questions about our pulmonary rehabilitation program? We're
ready to hear from you. Call us at Huntsville Memorial Hospital today.