|About HMH||Find a Physician||Specialties & Services||Patient Information||Health Resources||Giving at HMH||Careers|
It's CT Imaging Created With YOU At Heart
If you need a heart scan, ask your doctor about the revolutionary GE Lightspeed® VCT XT configured system at Huntsville Memorial Hospital. Its stunning new technology has improved image quality.Your doctor gets the quality images he needs, while you get the care you can trust.
• Cardiac computed tomography (CT) is a painless test that uses an x-ray machine to take clear, detailed pictures of your heart. This common test is used to look for problems in the heart.
• Produces 3D digital images
• A cardiac CT scan usually takes about 15 minutes to complete.
Are You Or Your Spouse At Risk?
Are you or your spouse at risk for...
• High Blood Cholesterol Levels
• Family History of Heart Attacks
• High Blood Pressure
• Cigarette Smoking
• Overweight or Obesity
• Physical Inactivity
but do not suffer any clinical symptoms?
The purpose of the Cardiac CT Scan for Calcium Scoring is to determine if coronary artery disease is present and to what degree. Those with this disease have an increased risk for heart attacks even if you do not suffer from any symptoms.
Copyright 2009. Huntsville Memorial Hospital.